Wednesday, October 29, 2008

hump day

i am just a little frustrated.  our roof is still not fixed.  it has bee a month, the materials have been sitting in my yard for almost 2 weeks, and it poured yesterday for hours.  we have sprung another leak in the bathroom.  i hate contractors.  this is why we do all of the work ourselves on this house.  if i could get up on the roof myself i would.  o.k. enough venting about my new "water front" property.

life is flying past me.  i can NOT believe it's almost halloween.  i have a show in 2 weeks and i have a quarter of the product made for it.  i have my huge show in a month, and i feel like i will never be ready.  i know i work well under pressure, but i am even having my doubts.  i am sure it will work out.  my mind is brimming over with so many ideas, that i have almost gone into stupid mode.  kind of like i am so overwhelmed that i can't start creating.  i just have to sit down and start making stuff.  the show in 2 weeks is the easier of the 2.  i think more gift like items for baby and Christmas presents, more $10 to $20 range, the one in Princeton, a little on the higher end.  i really hope i start to do well with this business venture.  work is starting to change for the worse and i am not happy there anymore.  i hate it with a passion and if the GM goes, i go.  i will not explain my life anymore to ignorant people.

it's time to step up my game, come up with a business plan and go for it.  design a web site, designate a blog spot to my designs and promote the hell out of myself.  stop floundering around and waiting for success to happen, but rather create success for myself.

No comments: