Tuesday, October 21, 2008

it's about time

It has been ages since I have updated my blog.  I feel like life is passing me by and I am viewing it from the outside (or inside since I haven't left the house in forever).  We had such a long summer.  Emma had surgery in July to put a feeding tube in and to have a procedure done to "tighten" her stomach opening to stop reflux.  Do to complications with her surgery, she had to have it repeated.  She recovered beautifully from the surgeries and we were starting to get back into life.  We were able to go on a family vacation, Connor started second grade, (I still can NOT believe that one) and Emma went back to therapy.  Even the hubby seemed to be settling back into a routine with school.  The all of the sudden, Emma became gravely ill.  We thought she was not going to make it.  She had a blockage in her small intestine.  Scar tissue from her other surgery had lodged itself there.  She was septic.  I have never been so scared in my life.  The removed part of her intestine and by a miracle she is alive.  Feisty, and crazy with energy now, she is doing well.  I have about a thousand new grey hairs and I am 10 pounds lighter, but life is resuming.  (stress is the best diet.)

Now I am under pressure.  I cannot even start to begin to tell you how much I hate waiting tables.  I run my ass off for people for little in return.  I would rather be secluded in my craft space creating.  But I have to do what I have to do.  We are drowning in debt with all of the time I had to take off because of the baby's surgeries.  We just had to max out everything due to hurricane Ike, we need to put a new roof on, (I hope they come and install it soon.  I am tired of looking at the supplies in my front yard.)  I am preparing for a few upcoming shows.  I am excited I was able to get into a big show in the Princeton area.  Hopefully I will make some money from them so my kids can have a Christmas.  What a great time for a long lost relative or Oprah to show up at my door!  A hundred grand should do it for us.

Ah, the babe is calling.  I hope to post more often now that life is better.  I think a blog should be in the works for my business.  Oh, along with all of this drama over the summer and running my boutique, www.MissEmmasCloset.etsy.com and working like a crazy person, I split up my shop into 2 distinct stores.  My original shop (above) is now dedicated to baby designs and my new shop, www.TheFrenchBee.etsy.com shabby chic home designs.  Stop by for a while.  Both shops will donate 10% of the profits to Emma's hospital, St. Pete's in New Brunswick, NJ.

1 comment:

Karley Ziegler Mott said...

You are an amazingly strong woman, Alison, and I am thrilled to have met you on Etsy.

Your daughter sounds truly amazing, brave, and a real miracle. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts.

Karley