Saturday, August 9, 2008

update.

I hate when so much time goes by without posting here.  I feel like a slacker, but life is just so busy sometimes.  Lets see, since I have posted last, a ton of things have transpired.  Emma had to go for about 2 weeks of testing the first and second weeks of July.  It was all pre-op testing, all involving her digestive track.  She had a GI tube (feeding tube) surgically put in her belly and another procedure to "tighten" the opening to her esophagus, to eliminate reflux.  On July 18, Emma had the surgeries, and they went beautifully and took less time than anticipated.  By Sunday night, I was able to move her around without much pain.  Unfortunately things took a sour turn, Monday July 21, Emma had to have the surgery repeated.  Complications came up and when the doc tried to pull the drainage tube out of her nose it was stuck.  Emma was brought back down to surgery and had the procedures repeated.  It was a freak thing that the drainage tube somehow got stuck in a stitch.  It just was an unfortunate crazy thing.  We then wound up spending 7 days in ICU, and another 4 or so days in the pediatric ward.  Gotta love the hospital though.  everyone is fabulous there and i can't say enough about them, although some of the residents need their little attitudes checked.  but as for now, Emma is doing really well.  We went for her post-op check up and she is cleared for the tub and the pool and even the ocean!  The feeding tube has been a god send and it seems she is responding well.  She is able to eat by mouth, but when she is sleeping or having a bad day, no matter what she is fed and hydrated properly.  I have even seen a decrease, fingers crossed, in the amount of spasms she is having and the seizures are less severe.  Hopefully this is a turning point in her health.  We are even trying out going on vacation in a couple of weeks.  

As for the business, I need everyone to come for a look around in the next few weeks.  I am starting to work on my fall line.  It is a huge departure from what is in my shop now.  Nothing new to me, I have been making blankets, fabric necklaces and home decor my whole life, But it will just give my boutique more diversity, (trust me anyone who has been to my house knows that everything in it was made by myself or altered in some way by me!:)).  I have so many projects that I am working on right now I can't wait to start listing them.  I will have a new posting daily starting the last week of august.  There are also plans for a home show in the fall, possibly in October for a holiday boutique open house.  If you are local and would be interested in coming to a home party hosted by yours truly, please by all means contact me, either via etsy www.missemmascloset.etsy.com or comment here.   I am also thinking of doing a craft fair at west Windsor High School.  We shall see though.  As they say, timing is everything.   

As for now, I am going to try to enjoy the next 2 weeks off with my kids and my hubby. I haven't even laid out once yet.  I look awfully pale for the end of the summer.  Before I know it, it will be time for my little man to start second grade!!!

No comments: